GATE Preparation Tips for Chemistry
One of the prestigious examinations of India which most of the people have enough craze to crack it is GATE exam. This exam tests the basic ability of the candidate to know what extent the candidates understood their subject. It also tests how the candidates simplify a problem. Check below the GATE Cracking Tricks for Chemistry Exam 2017 which will surely help you for the exam. It is important to know about GATE Chemistry Preparation Tips & Tricks for all the aspirants of GATE.
About GATE Chemistry
The Chemistry Engineering has three main divisions Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. In GATE exam the questions asked in Chemistry Engineering are based on these three parts. The important topics under these divisions are:
- Surfaces and Interfaces
- Main Group Elements
- Transition Elements
- Lanthanides and Actinides
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Reaction Mechanisms
- Organic Synthesis
- Pericyclic Reactions and Photochemistry
- Heterocyclic Compounds
- Bio molecules
|Subject Questions||85% of the total marks|
|General Aptitude||15% of the total marks|
GATE exam is a very toughest exam to clear. The applying candidates have to put more effort unless otherwise they won’t be able to clear the exam. The students should follow these preparation tips:
- “Practice Makes a Man Perfect”. So the candidates of CY have to do lot of practices in chemistry.
- Download the previous year papers from the GATE website gate.iitr.ernet.in and solve the papers.
- For every concept practice at least 25-30 questions.
- Try online GATE mock test for your subject as it will help you to manage your time and increase your speed.
- Study the core subject using the materials and books suggested by previous year GATE toppers.
- Also concentrate on the aptitude as it occupies 15% of marks and it is quite easy.
Some important books for GATE
- 3000 Solved Problems in Chemistry – David Goldberg
- GATE Chemistry – Upkar Publications
- GATE –Life Science Chemistry & General Aptitude – G.K. Publications