GATE Ecology & Evolution (EY) Syllabus for exam will help you in gaining over the first step for the preparations of exam. GATE EY Syllabus & Exam pattern is being detailed below as per which you can make a time table on how you will study for the exam.
What is Ecology Engineering?
- The study of ecosystems in respect to their design, monitoring, construction is studied in this field of Engineering.
- Ecology + Engineering = Ecology Engineering
The students of this domain are the experts of ecological factors and their relations with different things surrounding us. They need to be prepared for the exam by reading the following topics-
- Ecology: The topics to be studied under this are- Population Ecology, Eco physiology, Species Area Relationships, Niche concept, Community Assembly, Endemism, Trophic Interactions, Productivity, Primary & Secondary Productivity, Behavioral Ecology, Habitat Ecology. Here, Community ecology should also be studied.
- Behavioral Ecology: Classical Ethology, Chemical, Acoustic and Visual signaling Mating Systems, Mate choice, Aggression, Foraging Behavior, Predator prey Interactions, Costs and benefits of group living, Neuroethology, Evolutionary Ethology
- Evolutions: Origin, Molecular Clocks & Systematics, Mendelian Genetics, Molecular Evolution, Gene Flow, Adaptation, Life History Strategies, Origin of Genetic Variation, Polygenic Traits
- Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology: Simple functions, Mathematics and Statistics in ecology, basic probability, permutations and combinations
All the topics are to studied very well so that it is possible to score best in the exam. Studying the topics as well as practice the questions of every kind to become expert in the exam. Syllabus for Ecology & Evolution is given in PDF format below. Always try to bring the best in you by following a smart approach in the studies.
GATE Ecology & Evolution DOWNLOAD
GATE EE Previous Year Question Paper