How to Apply for GATE 2017
To apply for GATE 2017 you have refer the information provided below which will help you to apply for the exam.
Apply Mode: Online
NOTE: The Application fees is non- refundable to any candidate.
Application Fee: Male candidates: Rs.1500, Female Candidates/ SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs.750, Other candidates: Rs.1500
How to Pay Application Fee: There are 2 ways to pay the fee for GATE 2016-
- Net Banking or Debit Card
Procedure to fill Application Form:
- Visit http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/
- Make your registration ID with your E-Mail ID. This generates an Enrollment ID and password should be remembered by each candidate.
- The form opens up which has to be filled by each candidate-
Personal information, Educational Qualifications, Choice of GATE centre & paper
Documents Required For GATE Exam: Signature, Photograph, Degree certificate, Category or PWD certificates, ID proof, Certificate from principal in case the candidates has mentioned that course is yet not completed.
Degree Original/ Provisional Copy
Scanned Copy of Photograph
Scanned copy of Signature
Scanned copy of Thumb Expression
Scanned copy of Category/ PWD certificate
|Government ID proof- DL, Voter ID, PAN Card, Adhaar Card, College ID||Passport/ Government issued ID/ College ID|
Personal Details: Name, DOB, Ph. No., Email Address, College Address, Educational qualifications, GATE exam city, Bank details
- There is a provision to save the incomplete form also through which you can resume the filling process whenever you get time.
- Do preview the form once you have filled completely because any false information can directly lead to cancellation of form.
- When the application form is complete, then payment gateway is opened. Once payment is done, a ‘’Fee Payment No.’’ is generated which should be saved by each candidate.
- After the final SUBMIT button the changes are no more applicable.
- Photograph Requirements for GATE 2017:
[Photographs must be in color and taken in Studio only with a white or light color background, not in mobile phones etc.
It must be taken recently.
Glasses should be removed while taking photographs to avoid slight downward.
Photograph should be in a JPEG format and also standard size (3.5 cm * 4.5 cm) (width * length).
File size should be between 5KB to 100 KB.]
- Signature Requirements for GATE 2017:
[Draw a box of 2*7 (height*Width) on a white paper and put your signature in that.
Get it scanned with a minimum resolution of 80 *280 and maximum 160*560.
Photographs of Signatures from mobile can get disqualified.
Image should be in JPEG format.
Photographs should not be taken from mobile phones.]