GATE Preparation Tips For Geology & Geophysics
GATE Cracking tips for GG are given below which will help you for sure to attain good score in the exam. Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institute of Technology jointly conduct an aptitude exam for graduates every year which is called as GATE. This is conducted for the engineering candidates. All activities regarding GATE include application form filling, payment of fee, downloading Admit card are done through the academy’s official site: www.gate.iitr.ernet.in.
As you all are well aware of GATE that, it is a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is a national level exam and it will be conducted every academic year. As like every year, the GATE for this academic year is on the way. This exam is a part of admission or entry for all the engineering post graduate programs.
Geology engineering pattern
|Subject||Allocation of Marks|
|General Aptitude||15% of Marks|
|Subject Questions||85% of Marks|
For Geology Engineering, most of the questions are from the core Geology. The candidates must study the following syllabus.
How to prepare for Geology & Geophysics
Some important concepts are crystalsymmetry, forms, twinning, crystal chemistry, magmatic differentiation, morphology, geomorphic processes and agents, ore mineralogy, geostatistics, classification of minerals, igneous rocks, metamorphism, roles of fluids in metamorphism, stress, primary and secondary structures, micro fossils, Indian stratigraphy, optical properties of ore minerals etc. The candidates have to study these portions well and good to crack Gate exam. Other tips are as follows,
- Go through the latest syllabus of GATE exam and decide what subjects you have to concentrate.
- Always read standard books; don’t read too many books.
- Start preparing for the exam before 5-6 months of the exam.
- Identify what areas you are weak and pay more concentration for that. Attend model tests in those areas.
The Geology applicants can study the following books:
- A Textbook of Geology by G.B. Mahapatra
- Principles of Engineering Geology by K.M. Bangar
- Engineering and General Geology by Parbin Singh
- Objective: Applied Geology: GSI, ONGC, SAIL by R K Bopche
Important Articles we suggest you to must read before examination Here
|GATE GG Syllabus||GATE GG Previous Papers||GATE GG Cut off|
|GATE GG Answer Key||GATE GG Sample Papers|